CAREER EPISODE 1
Production of Bio-Diesel Fuel
Project: Production of Bio-Diesel Fuel
Duration: [Date] – [Date]
Location: Hyderabad, India
Organization: Anurag Group of Institutions
Position: Chemical Engineering Student
The earth was confronting decreasing fossil energy sources at a period when global energy consumption was soaring and pollutants from fossil fuels were wreaking havoc on public health and the ecosystem. As availability declined and costs rose, countries needed an alternative method of environmentally beneficial liquids fuels. Generating fuel from alternative energy sources, such as Bio-diesel, becomes a solution to the issue of fluid fuel (produced from fossil fuels).
The work aim was conducting bio-diesel fuel production in which I applied my technical knowledge to get the associated work results. This was a group project and I applied my knowledge to obtain the definite results applying chemical engineering steps in it.
[CE 1.6] Duties:
- I used alcohol that was deprotonated with a base in the trans-esterification process to making it a richer nucleophile and methanol was frequently utilized.
- I observed the process and it has no further input than triglycerides or the alcoholic.
- I utilized distillation in the batches process which was considered to be batch distillation and was done using chemical engineering concepts.
- I worked on the inclusion of the liquid-liquid extract along with the solid-state removal for splitting the solution.
CAREER EPISODE 2
The Production of Alumina
[CE 1.1]The work “The Production of Alumina” was the executed project at Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad, India.
[CE 2.2] A chemical compound of oxygen and aluminum is termed as aluminum oxide. The various occurring of aluminum oxides works with various other chemicals. These are termed as alundum, or alkoxide and aloxide. These mainly depending on the specific forms of applications that commonly occur in the polymorphic phase in which the composition of numerous mineral works with other varieties. Aluminum oxide mainly utilizes for producing aluminum metal with abrasive behavior mainly owing to the defined hardness level. It is linked with the refractory material owing to the higher melting point.
[CE 2.3] The work objective was carrying out the plant designing for producing 10 tons per day of alumina. I assumed the plan which was to be operating for 300 days in a year. There was an in-depth literature review conducted for the available processes for alumina production. There was also the selected process description made for the alumina production thoroughly. I obtained significant benefits with the associated factors for the selected process with chemical engineering skills usage.
[CE 2.6] The assigned work duties were:
- I worked on specifying and setting the factory location which was done after evaluating various factors associated with the site.
- I did economic material selection which overall worked on satisfying the process and mechanical requirements.
- I executed an acceptable plant design using chemical engineering skills which worked within the process specifically for overall effective process operation.
- I carried out the working on setting the fire fighting instructions in which gas fires were not extinguished unless specified.
CE 2.9 Please add more engineering details and evidence of the material selection performed by you, problems faced and solutions found.
CE 2.13 Almost nothing of the listed here has been represented with clear technical details and evidence.
CAREER EPISODE 3
Process Analysis of Silica Extraction
[CE 3.1] The work “Process Analysis of Silica Extraction” was done during my engineering degree in chemical engineering at Anurag Group of Institutions, Hyderabad, India.
[CE 3.2]The rice husk combustion act as the byproduct for generating energy and rice husk ash was formed from silica and carbon. These are apart from small constituents and various treatments can be utilized for increasing the silica purity obtained. The efficiency is tested of various methods for obtaining silica, characterizing, and comparing the silicas obtained from RHA. The research was conducted and selected methods were utilized for producing silica which was mainly characterized by XRF, specific weight, particle sizing, total carbon, SEM, and surface area.
[CE 3.3]The project aim was executing the process analysis of silica and the results indicated mainly based on producing silica from RHA utilizing simple techniques. These specifically produced silica with 98% purity. I executed the treatment which mainly worked with affording the optimum results regarding the acid leaching and it was specifically followed from the thermal temperature at 800 degrees. I evaluated the alkaline extraction at low temperature with a defined silica purity value of 99 and 99.5%.
[CE 3.6] The assigned work duties were:
- I conducted an analysis of numerous treatments for contaminations reduction and obtained improvements in the RHA properties.
- I carried out RHA potentialities investigation mainly worked as the defined silica source.
- I worked on getting the particle treatment at 700 degrees with the mean values of the set diameters mainly set to 18 and 23 micrometers.
- I attained sodium hydroxide surface area particles mainly executed on comparing with the other treatments specifically executed in the research.