CAREER EPISODE 1
[1. 1] The aforementioned career episode is created to provide a detailed explanation of an innovative engineering project “Design, Fabrication, and Testing of the Kitchen Waste Module”. This project was conducted to fulfill the requirement of the 7th-semester Group Project at Thapathali Engineering College, which is situated in Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal. Here, I worked along with three other group members performedunder the guidance of Er. Sudan Neupane. All project activities were carried out in the Department of Industrial Engineeringfrom November 2016 to May 2017.
[1.2 ] Research has shown that kitchens and households consume around 87% of the total energy for various operations. The most common resources utilized are charcoal, firewood, crop residual, petroleum products, and cow dung to produce approximately 0.3-0.5 kg of LPG gas per daily depending on the family size. No doubt, LPG gas has become an extreme waste of non-renewable energy and huge money. In this need of the hour, we have to propose a unique and sustainable solution to reduce energy consumption and cost. Thus, to overcome this global rising issue, an alternate option was proposed i.e. development of hybrid biogas.
[1.6.] I was tasked to perform the following duties:
Conducted a detailed background study on my project and proposed a research methodology.
- Designed the series combination of sealed- floating bio-digester with the fixed dome of bio-digester using Solid Works software.
- Constructed the sealed-floating types of bio-digesters assembled with fixed dome type of bio-digester.
- Collected kitchen wastes from the kitchen for biogas generation
- Procured the required materials needed for the overall project.
- Prepared the report and slides for the group project presentation.
CAREER EPISODE 2
2.1 The aforementioned career episode is based on my internship training program named OJT which stands for “On the Job Training” and it is one-on-one training located at the job site. I performed my training work at Trade Strategy Nepal (TSN) PlastcarePvt. Ltd, which is located in Patan Industrial Area, Lalitpur, and it was carried out to fulfill the requirements of a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering. During this training tenure, I acted as aninternal auditor for ISO 9001:2008 for the TSN Plastcare and assessing in machine operations in the production department.The duration of OJT was 90 days, which means it was commenced inMay2017 and completed inSeptember2021.b) Background
2.2 TSN CORPORATION is one of the major organizations in the corporate sector of Nepal and it works in various sectorslike manufacturing, agriculture, technology sales, international trading/FMCG, education, healthcare, and energy.It mainly focuses on the production of PET plastic bottles by using three main machines: injection mold machine, film blowing machine, and blow molding machine.TSN Products provides protective barriers in both ways by stopping the oxygen to enter from outside and keepingthe carbon dioxide frommottled the end product. In Nepal, the TSN provides the best packaging products like bottles, containers, jars, closures, and packaging films. I worked as an Engineering Intern for 90 days in TSN Plastcare. At the start of my internship, sufficient training was provided related to organization operation, industrial safety, quick check, file reporting, and inventory/ stock management.
2.5 My main duties related to the project are the following:
- Conducted an industrial visit to understand its manufacturing process.
- Performed internal auditing by collecting primary and secondary data to check out the root cause of the issues.
- Carried out systematic inspection of equipment to detect potential problems in root cause analysis and corrected to prevent equipment failure.
- Calculated the stocks of products.
- Surveyed productiondepartment to analyze machine operations and maintenance work
- Implemented quality assurance strategies for product and breakdown maintenance.
- Implemented store management policies and managed logistics.
- Provided recommendations to overcome the encountered problems.
CAREER EPISODE 3
3.1 The aforesaid career episode is created to illustrate my roles and duties as a Project Supervisor to conduct and monitor industrial construction and machine installation work for “Prefab Mechanical Industrial Plant Construction” at Pharmapack Pack, situated at Chunikhel, Lalitpur. For this big project, the CEO of TSN Corporation collaborated with the CEO of Lomus Pvt Ltdand aimed to construct a factory that could manufacture Plastic bottles for pharmaceutical purposes. While performing On the Job training in TSN Plastcare, the CEO of TSN corporation got impressed by my technical industrial skill and assigned me to monitor all ongoing activities in the Pharmapack project. I worked on this project from September 2017 to January 2019.
3.2 PharmaPackis a two-stored steel-structured prefabricated building. This company was constructed to manufacture the bottles needed for medicine and pharmaceutical products. In this project, it was my responsibility to assure the quality of cement, gravels, stones, steel, rods, the volume of the mixture, etc. concerning with the site civil engineer from the contractor side and to perform machine installation work and electrical work for the industrial plant where the bottle and other products were going to manufacture.
3.5 My roles and duties are as follows:
• Ensured effective management of assigned internal and external resources towards the common goal of quality and timely delivery of services.
• Inspected plant layout and checked design for factory construction at the real site and certification at the Metropolitan office.
• Installed HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), machines, electrical wires, pipes, water storage, and sanitary system.
• Worked in coordination with the government offices, and assist different engineers (Electrical, Architect, Civil) in the completion of project work.
• Inspected and observed the mechanical activities, such as welding, Not-bolt, fitting, tightening, etc.
• Identified the risk and determined the strategic solution- troubleshooting.
• Assisted in legal and logistic documentation.
• Inspected the quality of the raw material used by the contractors.
• Prepared progressive reports and compared contractor’s bills with the Bill of Quantities (BOQ).