CAREER EPISODE 1
- a) Introduction
The project that has been enlightened in the aforeside career episode is the optimization of the lap shear strength during bonding of those materials which are dissimilar. I performed the project tasks during the fulfillment of my masters of engineering degree from Deakin University.The activities on this work was initiated by month year and completed by month year.
- b) Background
The main aim is the optimization of the lap shear strength which is adhesively bonded through the selection of the relevant parameters that are fit. The objectives associated with this project were the accomplishment of the relevant tasks of the project through enhancement of lap shear strength through different parameters.
The parameters that were considered in order to attain the requisite goal included the adhesive thickness parameter, adhesive type in between 0.5 mm to 1mm, the roughness range of surface was kept within 0.2 to 0.8 micro meter, the surface energy was enriched for adhering to the incorporated adhesive. The outcomes acquired from the project were then considered the deliverables on the basis of the parameters that were considered. This project has been implemented for the acquisition of the maximum strength value of the lap shear which can be further incorporated for the designing of the solar car for Deakin.
The tasks that were conducted were the following
- Designed and manufactured the plastic material
- Designed the metal sample
- Prepared the surface by pre-treating the steel sample
- Pre-treated the surface of the plastic by sanding the relevant surface
CAREER EPISODE 2
This career episode would comprehensively elucidate the Bachelor’s Degree project. The project is entitled as ‘Optimization of the Friction Stir Welding Parameters of Copper (C-1000) and Aluminum (AA-6082) using grey relational analysis. I completed this project to fulfill my B.Tech degree requirement. I studied in GITAM Institute of Technology. It was started in Month/Year and completed in Month/Year. It was based in City/country.
This project will presented the parameters optimization by considering the numerous performance characteristics of a Friction Stir Welding and this would be done by conducting grey relational analysis (GRA). For evaluating a machining effects, two types of the performance characteristics were chosen for this project which comprised of Ultimate Tensile Strength and Hardness. The project was carried out in two different stages such as, in the first stage, we studied the parameters which are correlated closely with the chosen performance characteristics i.e. Total Feed Rate, Axial Force, and Total Rotation Speed. Then, experiments were conducted first which based on the accurate LA 09. After this, the experimental results obtained from performance indicators are introduced for calculating the grades and coefficient in accordance with GRA. Further, in the second stage of the project, parameters of optimized process simultaneously leading to the higher Hardness and Ultimate Tensile Strength will be verified by conducting confirmation experiment. In the project first stage, the experimental procedure was carried out by selecting appropriate materials, specimen size, tool, FSW components, etc. and then welding was performed. Moreover, microstructural analysis was also conducted for specimen.
The following duties were assigned to me:
- Performed literature review and studied numerous books to gather maximum knowledge before starting the project.
- Selected the adequate materials such as aluminum alloy 6082 and copper C-11000 material.
- Implemented the friction stir welding process and developed the components of the FSW equipment.
- Carried out the microstructural analysis for relevant specimens and samples.
- Performed the project tasks by obeying the international standards.
- Communicated with the supervisor daily and developed the final report.
CAREER EPISODE 3
The aforesaid career episode develops to illustrate eloquently the details of my assignment project. The project is entitled as Displacement and Vibration Analysis on a Wire under Various Conditions. The time assigned to complete the project was Month/Year. I started working on the project in Month/Year and finished it Month/Year.
From the past few years, multiple different techniques and strategies have been developing to study the structures as well as the sheer effects of several parameters on these structures. By using the developed methods and techniques, we can measure precisely all those factors which are affecting significantly the structures. Thus, this project was developed to analyze accurately the vibrational frequency and displacement of a wire piece. The project's main aim was to determine the piece wire’s Young’s Modulus by fixing its one end as a cantilever. Then, the wire will allow bending in a random shape and its one side was clamped again as a cantilever beam. This experimental set-up was created to observe the defection produced in the piece of wire and also frequency was examined at the first model of vibration with free and with applying some load at the wire-free end.
The below-mentioned tasks were assigned to me:
- Researched developing more understanding of vibrational and displacement analysis.
- Examined the vibration and displacement in the wire by applying three methods such as Analytical, Experimental, and by using Abaqus software.
- Determined Young’s modulus of the given wire by performing calculations and making few assumptions.
- Developed the model of bent wire in the Abaqua software and determined the bent wire’s displacement and vibrational frequency.
- I explained the results to the supervisor and made the final report.
- Ensured all the project activities were conducted according to the Internal Standards.