CAREER EPISODE 1
Wind farming in Europe, and Oil and Gas Platforms Structure Execution in The Middle East
Project: Wind farming in Europe, and Oil and Gas Platforms Structure Execution in the Middle East
Duration: [Date] – [Date]
Organization: Petrofac Int. Ltd.
Position: Graduate Engineer (Structural Engineer)
[CE 1.2]Nature of Overall Engineering Project
Petrofac Int. Ltd. awarded me a permanent job as part of their university job fair at my university in 2013. The company’s plan that year was to take graduates under the wing of their new initiative program called Petrofac Academy. The academy was systemized in a way to teach graduates the ins and outs of the oil and gas industry to prepare and guide us in the path of professional engineers. The program constituted of workshops on time management, communication, and team working, all of which were accompanied by E-learnings. After four months of soft skills and training, we were given placed in positions on projects to discover the real professional job nature.
[CE 1.6]Through the beginning of my career, I have learned the fundamentals to push start my career as the structural engineer for offshore platforms. From there with guidance and more training, I became responsible for conducting the below activities:
- I reviewed the structural drawings.
- I prepared material take off from drawings along with the bill of material quantification.
- I prepared weight control reports.
- I carried out drawings modification utilizing AutoCAD.
- I carried out activities particularly dependent on the offshore specific software which included modeling the structures.
- I analyzed the various performed activities included in the design and it included reading the analysis reports.
- I performed changes or optimization based on the analysis outcome.
- I mentioned a younger engineer in all the responsibilities performed by myself.
- Personal Engineering Activity
CAREER EPISODE 2
Borwin Gamma Project
Project: Borwin Gamma Project
Duration: 2017 – 2020
Location: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Organization:Petrofac Int. Ltd.
Position: Structural Engineer
[CE 2.2] Nature of Overall Engineering Project
Petrofac Int. Ltd. awarded me a permanent job as part of their university job fair at my university in 2013. The company’s plan that year was to take graduates under the wing of their new initiative program called Petrofac Academy. The academy was systemized in a way to teach graduates the ins and outs of the oil and gas industry to prepare and guide us in the path of professional engineers. SIEMENS and Petrofac as a Consortium were contracted by DC Netz BorWin3 GmbH to design, build and install a 900 MW Offshore HVDC converter platform. The converter platform will be installed in the EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zone), North Sea.
[CE 2.6] Responsibilities:
- I executed the foundation installation of the jacket of the defined platform from the heavy lift crane vessel.
- I did Jacket configuration which worked on defining the six main legs particularly split into two rows.
- I carried out the 'Stand Alone Phase' execution where the foundations were not accessed from the set construction point.
- I did transportation and installation phase execution which was initiated when the resources and equipment for the offshore campaigns were mobilized.
CAREER EPISODE 3
HOLLANDSE KUST (ZUID) ALPHA PLATFORM
Project: HOLLANDSE KUST (ZUID) ALPHA PLATFORM
Duration: [Date] – [Date]
Position: Project Engineer
[CE 3.2]Nature of Overall Engineering Project
The HKZ Alpha OSS platform consists of a six-legged jacket substructure supported on six skirt piles, with an integrated cable deck and a topside that consists of 4 decks. The cable deck being a part of the jacket facilitates the cable pulling before the topside installation.
[CE 3.3]Objectives of Project
The scope of the project was to define the design requirements and implementing the procedures and parameters required for the structural analysis and design of the HKZ OSS platform topside and substructure for a life span of 30 years. The design included ULS, FLS, ALS, SLS, and installation conditions such as lift, transport, on-bottom stability, and load-out. In the project, I used ACS 11.2 V8i for the global design of Jacket and Topside. The selected software resulted in the execution of the modeling the structure as a 3D space frame, generation of member loads due to waves, current, self-weight, and buoyancy, solution of non-linear pile-soil interaction, solution for forces, displacements, and reactions via stiffness analysis.
[CE 3.6] Duties:
- I exported cable which was located on the Northside of the platform at the defined cable deck level.
- I analyzed the Serviceability Limit State (SLS) which was in correspondence to tolerance criteria.
- I obtained variable functional deck loads determination which was in accordance with the DNVGL-OS-C101 [/S2/].
- I analyzed the critical wave direction which was linked with the obtained maximum forces.