CAREER EPISODE 1
The first career episode is the explanation of the project “Optus Network” which was conducted in September 2019 and is still in progress. During this tenure, I was working as a Sr. Customer Service Executive (Network Engineer) in the TATA CommunicationsTransformation Services(TCTS). The project is located in Sydney, Australia.
Optus is awell-known telecommunication Australian company and second-largest wireless carrier in Australia and provides services related to different products like Voice, Mobile, Core, and fulfill the demand of their customer by using various topologies i.e. Fibrenetwork topology, NGTT carrier ethernet network, NGTT+ carrier ethernet network, NGTT+ core network, NGTT+ carrier ethernet regional network, metro NGTT+ DWDM rings, access network – mobile, RTN radio management via Huawei, and Ceragon-RTN management. The Optus contracted with the TCTS for the proper planning, designing, and implementation of the Optus Network in the areas DWDM, Carrier Ethernet(CE), Fibres, and IP/CPC.
The following duties were assigned to me:
- Involved in the Core transport design to create IP links between various core aggregators, distribution aggregator, and access aggregator including various scenarios which include Alcatel, Cisco, and Juniper L3 devices.
- Developed design for core IP-transport network and transmission network of metro, regional, and IOF/backhaul using optical fiber and DWDM.
- Managing the field jobs created by the designer in Spatial WEB by using Spatial Net administration tools.
- Responsible for record management for Fibre designs, as-builts, DART, DBYD, transmission, ISP, IOF mobile equipment inventory quality checking/auditing.
- Coordinating with different vendors i.e. SAED managers (Huawei, Nokia, Ericsson, Lend Lease) providing receiving by auditing the latest CAD files for Mobile sites.
- Managed the CAD & DMS dropbox (Fibre design, Network & DMS Vault Records)
- Prepared level 5 documents for CAD team products with in-network records group and got approval from Optus management such as Bs provisioning, RECRD_UPDT, Tx equipment with fiber.
CAREER EPISODE 2
My 2nd career episode is related to the project “NBN (National Broadband Network) which was started in October 2017 and completed in August 2019. I performed all my duties on this project as a Sr. Network Designer (NBN) and I worked on it during my job with the TATA Communications (TCTS), Sydney, Australiawhich is well-known due to its multiple technology projects for FTTB, BSOD, FTTC, FTTP, FUSION FTTN, etc.
This project aimed to design the NBN to operate Australia’s wholesale broadband access network intending to connect Australia and bridge the digital divide and its objectives were to ensure all Australians have access to high-speed/fast broadband network as soon as possible by using the various combinations of the fixed wireless, satellite technologies, and fiber. Fundamentally, National Broadband Network (NBN) aims to foster productivity and provide a platform for innovation to deliver economic and social benefits to 100 percentof Australians. NBN engages with several different stakeholder groups across Australia to roll out a multi-technology mix network and cost-effectively build the network using the technology best matched with each area of Australia. The TATA Communications (TCTS) NBNTM Network Delivery Project used FTTB (Fibre To The Building), FTTN (Fibre To The Node), FTTP (Fibre To The Premises), FTTC (Fibre To The Curb), and HFC (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial).
I worked on the following assigned tasks:
- Conducted the joint survey to collect walkout data and developed both preliminary as well as final design according to client specification for design documentation.
- Performed end-to-end designing of FTTB, FTTN, Fusion, BSOD designs by using NBN technical specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Carried out end-to-end delivery services i.e. detail designing of Mapinfo, Construction Plans, FIR, Costing of Project (Bill of materials & Bill of quantity files).
- Assessed a copper solution as well as fixed the feedback queries received from the client.
- Reviewed enough power in RF signal throughout a network to the premises of the customer.
- Delivered the prepared design within budget, ontime, and as per quality standards.
- Assessed newly and existing extended areas as well as planned for HFC network of required premises.
- Generated team utilization reports, monitored project milestones, and liaised with relevant departments to address/resolve issues.
- Coordinated with land access team, surveyors, and field managers to ensure project priorities are being met and issues are being addressed.
CAREER EPISODE 3
This career episode is the in-depth illustration of my project “GIS Data Maintenance” which was performed during the tenure of October 2011 to July 2014 for the “Ausgrid, Australia”. I worked on this project as a Sr.GIS Engineer and it was geographically located in Sydney, Australia.
Ausgrid will continue the 100-year tradition of managing a safe and reliable electricity network. Ausgrid is a state-owned corporation whose shareholder is the New South Wales Government. The Ausgrid electricity network provides power to 1.6 million homes and businesses throughout Sydney, the hunter, and the central coast. That network is made up of more than 200 large electricity substations, 500,000 power poles, 30,000 small distribution substations, and almost 50,000km of below and above ground electricity cables. This project shows the building and designing of the Ausgrid electrical network which will be uniquely consisted of both distribution and transmission systems. The transmission network is a sub-transmission system with 66kV, 132kV, and 33kV assets and it was consisted of
- 132kV lines which were operated properly in support of and parallel to TransGrid's transmission network
- The substations were connected also to these lines
The distribution network was comprised of
- A distribution system of highest voltage with 11kV, 22kV, and 5kV assets
- A distribution system of lowest voltage with 240V and 415V assets
The project’s key aim was to provide reliable and safe electricity service intending to maintain a power supply of high quality to customers. The following are the project’s main objectives:
- To develop therequired format for design plans of electrical works by obeying standards of quality, safety and consistency to provide adequate information/dataso that all intended works will be cost-effective and constructed in such a way that meet allAusgrid requirements.
- To provide the Ausgrid’s Network designers with the main requirements which will help them to get approval for their proposed works mention in the design plans.
The following duties were done by me:
- Drafted new distribution pillars, service connections, and substation installations.
- Prepared drawings for electrical network changes according to paper sources termed as system alteration order (SAO) and Field Book (FB).
- Reported any network isolation, interconnected substations, incorrect power ratings, missing switches,etc. to the team leader.
- Participated in the regular meetings to discuss the project progress and technical issues.
- Capturedall drawings in the GIS within three days of the commissioning.
- Ensured the quality of datawhich was designed as well as stored in the GIS as per quality standards.
- Arranged meeting with the quality assurance officers to discuss all encountered quality issues, and brainstorm to remove these issues.